Friday, March 6, 2009

The Wonderful World of Pedi's

So...we haven't had a new post in FOREVER, so I thought I'd add one.

I'm back in New London again, but seeing tiny young people this time instead of larger old people. We've been seeing about 25-30 patients a day with no lunch breaks...crazy! I love it though, I've been able to see a lot and it's always busy.

We had a case of Fifth's disease the other day, which was kind of exciting because for some reason...I've never really had a good handle on what it actually is. I guess that's kind of a lame story...but cool to me. The pt. had the "slapped cheeks" and the lacy rash on the trunk and upper extremities, which was preceded by a cold...does it get any more textbook than that?

For the most part what we see is cough, sore throat, fever, and sometimes diarrhea...good times! Occasionally the cool cases like fifth's disease, Raynaud's, Staph. infections from dirty piercings, and RSV come up.

Overall, this rotation has been great and I've learned a ton! I'd prefer to just stay here rather than continue rotating...I guess that wouldn't work very well though would it?

No comments:

Post a Comment