Monday, January 19, 2009

General Med/Family Practice

Well, it's been a rollercoaster ride! Like most of you, I was thrown in on my first day also. Fed to the wolves as I like to say. Nothing like getting pimped in front of the patient... The first few days were rough and embarrassing, but I finally redeemed myself by the end of the week. I made a dx of a C6 vertebral dislocation/nerve impingement and a rotator cuff tear on two separate pts...that impressed the doc! As most of you know...msk is my nemesis!

Besides that, most of my pts have URIs, hyperlipidemia, htn, and DM. Although, today was an interesting day. I had a guy w/a hx of kidney stones that actually presented with diverticulitis, I saw a Marfan pt, and the highlight was a pt with external hemorrhoids!!! Sweet!

I would say the hardest part is doing med consults at the local psych hospital, especially if the pts aren't verbal. But everyone's nice and very appreciative of the help. ---I don't know know about you guys, but I'm soooo exhausted at the end of the day. Thank goodness I'm not falling asleep during rotations! hahahaha. I'm not in the classroom anymore.

1 comment: