Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not too much PA-ing, but an adventure nonetheless.

I really honestly say that you guys all seem to be having a much more exciting couple of weeks than I am. The good thing (or bummer thing, in my case) about kids is that they are, for the most part, extremely healthy. This leaves me feeling a little empty-handed in my desire to diagnose something totally off the wall. It's a regular pediatric office, so there's physicals (which I get to do), kids with asthma, colds, strains, sprains, rashes, and various minor complaints. They are really into knowing the developmental stuff (when does baby lift head? Roll over? Throw a ball? Say 3 words? 10 words?).
My preceptor and her associates have been slow in allowing me to do more things. I think it may be just how they roll. Today I did more by myself than I have been doing, because I had to really tell them, "Hey, I want to do more!!" I don't know, maybe they've had slow and/or retarded PA students in the past (from Quinnipiac.... so who knows, haha) and don't think we're ready for it. So today was much better (especially the second half), having seen all of Dr. M's patients and presenting them all to her.
Well, I will let you know if something fun/interesting comes my way... for now it's more PE's and kids with the sniffles. Bring on the Airborne. :)

P.S.
There was a call from a 19-year-old patient (yep) with pinworms. Uh huh. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment