Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pediatrics, R.I.

Hi everyone,

Josh....putting your hand in the symphysis pubis....pervert. So it sounds like most of you are having pretty exciting rotations. I'm extremely jealous of Richard. My rotation has been good. It's a small practice, privately owned by the physician. It's just him and a medical assistant. I haven't seen or done anything extra exciting. I've been mostly shadowing him, which is getting boring, but i'm hoping he'll be letting me do some more stuff. I'm his first PA student ever, so i'm not sure he knows what we were trained to do. He didn't know i had a bachelors degree! So i did some explaining, hopefully he understands. I've seen a ton of strep throat and ear infections. I saw a couple staph skin abcesses, a 13 y.o. sexually active girl that didn't want to be on birth control, we told a 17. y.o. she was pregnant. So i've seen some interested things here and there, but it's been pretty routine. Very long days. I'm enjoying it though. It's definately been a huge kick in the pants about how little i know. I'm glad you guys are having fun. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Joe

1 comment:

  1. You're just jelous, and rest assured, no one is looking forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete